Friday, July 25, 2008

O how I love camping!

So we went camping from Monday through Wednesday of this week and really was a ton of fun... We did it all in the tents and I must say aside from when it rains I like camping in a tent more than I like camping in a trailer... that is if I have a decent air mattress to sleep on... So following this are a ton of pictures from our adventure. We pulled in mid-afternoon on Monday and set up camp. Shortly after setting up it decided to rain (it had been threatening ALL day) so as dumb as it sounds we really had now where else to huddle under aside some HUGE pine trees that surrounded camp to keep dry. It was a lot of fun and it's also where we ended up cooking our tin foil dinners in the dutch ovens using bourquets... Any how with out further adou here are the pictures. The one above is a picture of the cut throat Adam caught on the second it day, he was delicious! (I love when he smiles :D)

This one is of me doing the FAKEST laugh in the entire world LOL... we were bored sitting around the camp fire and our friend Daniel had our camera... he's like "JoAnna pretend like you just heard the funniest, knee slapping joke you've heard ever!" So this picture was the result of my attempt... we all ended up laughing even harder after the fact.
This is our friend Daniel with his first catch on the first day... he was delicious too! Yumm I love eating fish that is seasoned and then cooked over the fire!

These two are our friends kids; Gwen and Gavin.... They are so much fun! They were having a fun time getting to brush their teeth and then spit in the bushes. Needless to say it was quite entertaining and humerous to watch.


This is Adam and Me on our four wheeler when we went for a ride! It was so much fun and the place we went to was super lucious and green and EVERYTHING was so alive!

This is Adam, me and Gavin on the wheeler, he ended up falling asleep in my arms towards the end of the drive. He's so cute!

This is Dan, Cass, and Gwen on their four wheeler. We had a lot of fun and had a sort of different version of a pine cone war through out the duration of the ride.

All in all it was a ton of fun! I love camping and being completly lost in the forest! It reminds me of the most simple and beautiful things in life! Plus its a such a great escape to just disappear and lose some of life's worries in the process!

1 comment:

Letty said...

That looks like a fun trip. I love fresh fish. AS for the cheesy smile...I think it is cute.
I'm glad you are feeling better and that things are coming together.
Be patient...it's tough, but I know you can handle it.